Follow these easy steps to integrate the Automator App with your system.
Step 1 | Download Automator Onto Your Device
If you haven't downloaded the Automator App on your device, use the following link to download Automator.
Step 2 | Server Integration - Add Server Type
The Automator application uses a default service type. We recommend creating a service type of "Automator" to easily track time entered from the app, but you can use any existing service type. You will need a service type matching this name on your service board.
Follow the instructions below if you want to set a specific service type for the app.
- In ConnectWise, Go to the Service, Service Board setup table.
- Select your default service board. This will be set in the app as well later.
- Under the Types tab, add a new type with the description of "Automator".
Step 3 | Server Integration - Configure API Login
- From the ConnectWise setup tables, open General, Integrator Login.
- Create a new login to be used in the RUN Networks Automator iPad app. We recommend using runautomator.
- Give this user the following permissions.
- Save and close this record.
- This concludes the server configuration.
Step 4 | iPad/iPhone Integration Setup
Once the app is installed on the iPad/iPhone, go to settings, Automator and make the following adjustments. Please enter these settings carefully. The text must match EXACTLY with the ConnectWise data.